Following the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement in the House of Commons, Mike Weatherley, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Hove and Portslade, has backed the Government’s shrewd economic plans for Britain.
In his Autumn Statement, the Rt Hon George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, outlined future Government spending which spans across the entire economy.
Highlights from the Autumn Statement include:
• £1 billion of further savings from Whitehall departments.
• £375 billion commitment to a National Infrastructure Plan.
• £50 million to redevelop Gatwick Airport’s railway station. Part of the Government’s National Infrastructure Plan.
• State pension reforms in response to increased life expectancy.
• Cancelling next year’s planned fuel duty rise.
Commenting, Mike said: “As a country we’re making strong economic progress, which is a direct result of sensible financial management by our Conservative Chancellor of the Exchequer. The Government has drawn up solid plans for future growth and investment, all of which is underpinned by a determination to protect the vulnerable and reward those who work hard and plan for the future.”